Joomla Sphinx Search component
Our Joomla Sphinx search component enables the Sphinx-powered search with high-performance and more relevant search results.
- Included Joomla Sphinx Search component to use power of MVC architecture;
- Included 5 Sphinx Search plugins for each type of content;
- Google-like search syntax;
- High searching performance;
- Improved search result relevance;
- Supports friendly URLs SEO settings;
- Supports morphological word forms dictionaries;
- Supports stemming (English, Russian and Czech are built-in);
- Supports stopwords;
- Supports both single-byte encodings and UTF-8;
- And many other Sphinx features
- Sphinx Search 0.9.9 or higher
- Joomla 2.5 (also compatible with Joomla 3.0)
Joomla Sphinx Search plugins
Plugins provide Sphinx Search for:
How to enable plugins for each type of content?
We assume that Sphinx Search and Joomla Sphinx Search component is already installed.
If not please read this Joomla Sphinx Search installation tutorial first.
During installation 6 additional Sphinx Search plugins will be installed among with component.
Now go to Joomla backend → Extension → Plugin Manager and select the type ‘Search’ into the dropdown list. There you will see recently installed Sphinx Search plugins.
Click on the plugin name to specify sphinx search settings and enable the plugin which you would like to use.
If you activated plugins for Content, Newsfeed and Contacts then standard Joomla search form will looks like: