Search Engine Consulting
The search function is no longer just a simple query. Modern users expect greater functionality and speed while searching. However, implementing advanced functionality to your search engine can be tricky and time consuming. Our experts are here to help you identify the most appropriate features for your objectives and assist you in taking your search engine to the next level.
Who needs it?
- Anyone who has a search engine (Sphinx, Solr, etc) integrated into an application.
- If you are thinking about using search engine technology in a new web application and would like to speak with a consultant to determine which technology is the best fit for what you are trying to achieve.
Here is a list of some advanced features that we commonly help clients implement.
- Did you mean … ?
- Top/related/latest searches
- Sphinx integration issues
- SphinxQL vs SphinxSE vs Sphinx API
- SphinxSE issues
- Documents de-duping
- Scalability issues
- Algorithm controls
- Resources consumption issues (memory, disk, cpu usage optimization)
- Crashes, downtimes and stability in general
The goals of our Sphinx Search Engine Consulting service are to help our clients create advanced search features that fulfill their specific needs using search engine technology (Sphinx, Solr, etc) in a professional and timely fashion.
- “Kick-off” call to determine client needs and how we can best assist you.
- Define your objectives (what you would like to do) with Sphinx search engine technology.
- Analysis of your server to identify potential trouble spots and advantages that can be avoided or exploited to make the most of Sphinx.
- We will then provide you with a list of recommended improvements that can be implemented.
- This involves one or two phone sessions where our clients receive quick answers to their questions.
As a client of Ivinco, an expert consultant will be assigned to your project. They will assure that your needs are fulfilled and that your Sphinx based systems are optimized for performance and scalability.